• Clinical manifestations: 1 libido, impotence, oligo- or amenorrhea, infertility
• Physical examination: loss of axillary, pubic, and body hair
• Diagnostic studies: i testosterone or estradiol with i or normal FSH LH (all levels i in acute illness, don't measure in hospitalized Pts)
• Treatment: testosterone or estrogen replacement vs. correction of the underlying cause
4 ADH (hypothalamic or stalk disease): diabetes insipidus
• Clinical manifestations: severe polyuria, mild hypernatremia (severe if i access to HjO)
• Diagnostic studies: see "Disorders of Sodium Homeostasis"
Was this article helpful?