1. Graham WC. Transplantation of joints to replace diseased or damaged articulations in hand. Am J Surg, 1954; 88:136-141.
2. Wenger HL. Transplantation of epiphyseal cartilage. Arch Surg 1954; 50:148-151.
3. Wilson JN. Epiphyseal transplantation. A clinical study. J Bone Joint Surg 1966; 48A:245-256.
4. Bowen CVA, O'Brien BM. Experimental study of the microsurgical transfer of growth plates. Can J Surg 1984; 27:446.
5. Bowen CVA. Experimental free vascularized epiphyseal transplants. Orthopaedics 1986; 9:893-8.
6. Bowen CVA, Ethridge CP, O'Brien BMcC et al. Experimental microvascular growth plate transfers. Part 1—Investigation of vascularity. J Bone Joint Surg 1988; 70B:305-10.
7. Bowen CVA, O'Brien BMcC, Gumley GJ. Experimental microvascular growth plate transfers. Part 2 — Investigation of feasibility. J Bone Joint Surg 1988; 70B:311-14.
8. Donski PK, Carwell GR, Sharzer LA. Growth in revascularized bone grafts in young puppies. Plast Reconstr Surg 1979; 64:239-243.
9. Donski PK, O'Brien BMcC. Free microvascular epiphiseal transplantation: An experimental study in dogs. Br J Plast Surg 1980; 33:169-78.
10. Manfrini M, Randolph MA, Andrisano A et al. Orthotopic knee grafts in rats: a model for growth plate transplantation. Microsurgery 1988; 9:242-5.
11. Nettelblad H, Randolph MA, Weiland AJ. Physiologic isolation of the canine proximal fibular epiphysis on a vascular pedicle. Microsurgery 1984; 5:98-101.
12. Nettelblad H, Randolph MA, Weiland AJ. Free microvascular epiphyseal plate transplantation. An experimental study in dogs. J Bone Joint Surg (Am.) 1984; 66:1421-1430.
13. Trueta J. The role of the vessels in osteogenesis. J Bone Joint Surg 1963; 45B:402-17.
14. Weiland A, Daniel R. Microvascular anastomoses for bone grafts in treatment of massive defects in bone. J Bone Joint Surg 1979; 61 (A):98-104.
15. Teot L, Bossé JP, Pous JG. Vascularized bone transfer, including epiphyseal plate. In: Brunelli G ed. Textbook of microsurgery. Milan: Masson 1988:381-390.
16. Pho RW, Patterson MH, Kour AK et al. Free vascularized epiphyseal transplantation in upper extremity reconstruction. J Hand Surg (Am) 1988; 13:440-47.
17. Zhong-Wei C, Guang-Jian Z. Epiphyseal transplantation. In: Pho RW ed. Microsurgical technique in orthopaedics. London: Butterworths 1988:121-127.
18. Wood MB, Gilbert A eds. Microvascular bone reconstruction. London: Martin Dunitz 1997:85-89.
19. Bonnel F, Lesire M, Gomis R et al. Arterial vascularization of the fibula microsur-gical transplant techniques. Anatomia Clinica 1981; 3:13-23.
20. Restrepo J, Katz D, Gilbert A. Arterial vascularization of the proximal epiphysis and the diaphysis of the fibula. Int J Microsurg 1980; 2:48-51.
21. Taylor GI, Wilson KR, Rees MD et al. The anterior tibial vessels and their role in epiphyseal and diaphyseal transfer of the fibula: Experimental study and clinical applications. Br J Plast Surg 1988; 41:451-69.
22. Innocenti M, Ceruso M, Manfrini M. et al. Free vascularized growth plate transfer after bone tumor resection in children. J Reconstr Microsurgery 1998; 14:137-143.
23. Glasser DB, Duane K, Lane JM et al. Alteration in skeletal growth in prepuberal children on adjuvant chemotherapy for osteosarcoma: implications for planning limb saLVAge abstract from 5th International Symposium on Limb SaLVAge (I.S.O.L.S.) Saint Malo 1989.
24. Tsai TM, Ludwig L, Tonkin M. Vascularized fibular epiphyseal transfer: A clinical study. Clin Orthop 1986; 210:228-34.
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.