1. Streptavidin-fluorophore conjugate (fluorescein isothiocyanate [FITC] or Texas red, also known as SpectrumRed; Vysis Inc., Downers Grove, IL).
2. Counterstain: 4',6-diamino-phenylindole (2 x 500 ||L, DAPI II; Vysis Inc.).
3. Microscope equipped for fluorescence microscopy. We used an Olympus B-Max, U-M510 with triple bandpass filters, Red, Green and DAPI Bandpass, and Triple Bandpass Filter Set, DAPI/Green/Red (Vysis Inc.).
4. We used the "Color Capturing System" of Applied Imaging, Santa Clara, CA.
5. For scoring, 20 metaphase spreads were analyzed for each locus in each subject.
Was this article helpful?