1. Streptavidin-fluorophore conjugate (FITC or Texas red, also known as SpectrumRed; Vysis Inc. Downers Grove, IL).
2. Counterstain: 4',6-diamino-phenylindole (2 x 500 |L, DAPI II) (Vysis Inc.).
3. Microscope equipped for fluorescence microscopy. We used an Olympus B-Max, U-M510 with triple bandpass filters, Red, Green, and DAPI Bandpass, and Triple Bandpass Filter Set, DAPI/Green/Red (Vysis Inc.).
4. We used the Color Capturing System (Applied Imaging, Santa Clara, CA).
5. For scoring, 20 metaphase spreads (and 80 interphase nuclei) were analyzed for each locus in each subject.
Was this article helpful?