1. Metaphase preparations are prepared from mitogen-stimulated human blood lymphocytes using standard cytogenetic techniques (i.e., fixing them in metha-nol:glacial acetic acid 3:1 and spreading them on cleaned microscope slides). Slides must be used within a week of preparation and stored at room temperature until use (see Note 1).
2. Ethanol series: 70%, 90%, 100% (Prolabo, Paris, France).
3. 20X standard saline citrate (SSC): 3 MNaCl, 0.3 Mtrisodium citrate, pH 7.5 (can be stored for several months at room temperature).
4. Desionized formamide (Intergen Company, New York, NY), stored at 4°C.
6. Light microscope Leica DMLB with x10 and x40 magnification (Leica France, Rueil-Malmaison, France).
Was this article helpful?