1. U. Y. Kim and K. U. Kim, Research and Development Activities on Polymers for the 21st Century in Korea. Macromolecules Symposium vol. 98, 1995, p. 1261.
3. W. L. Rathje, Inside Landfills: A Preliminary Report of the Garbage Project's 1987-88 Excavation at Five Landfills, in Municipal Solid Waste Technology Conference, San Diego, CA, 1989.
4. T. R. Malthus, An Essay on the Principle of Population; or a View of Its Past and Present Effects on Human Happiness; with an Inquiry into Our Prospects Respecting the Removal or Mitigation of the Evils which it Occasions, J. Johnson, London, 1803.
5. B. Gardner and B. Halweil, in L. E. Brown, C. Flavin, and H. French, eds., State of the World 2000, Norton, New York, 2000, p. 60.
7. J. R. Johnson and R. Traub, Risk Estimates for Use of Phosphogypsum. 1996, Batelle Pacific Northwest Laboratories Institute of Phosphate Research, Bartow, FL, 1996.
8. W. Rees and M. Wackermagel, in A.-H. Jansson, ed., Ecological Footprints and Appropriated Carrying Capacity: Measuring the Natural Capital Requirements of the Human Economy. Investing in Natural Capital, Island Press, Washington D.C., 1994.
9. B. Lomborg, The Skepticle Environmentalist, Measuring the Real State of the World. Cambridge University Press, New York, 2001, p. 120.
10. P. E. Hodgson, Nuclear Power, Energy and the Environment, London, Imperial College Press, London, 1999, 201.
11. L. E. Brown, in L. E. Brown, C. Flavin, and H. French, eds., State of the World 2000, Norton, New York, 2000, p. 17.
12. N. Lennson, in L. R. Brown, M. Renner, and C. Flavin, eds., Vital Signs 1997, Worldwatch Institute, New York, 1997.
13. S. Kesler, Mineral Resources Economics and the Environment. Macmillan College Publishing, New York, 1994, p. 322.
14. T. Jackson, in S. E. Institute, ed., Material Concerns. Pollution, Profit, and Quality of Life, Routledge, New York, 1996.
15. R. Clift, K. Burnington, and R. E. Lofstedt, in Y. Guerrier, et al., eds., Values and the Environment. A Social Science Perspective, Wiley, New York, 1995.
16. R. A. Frosch and N. E. Gallopoulos, Sci. Am., September, p. 142-152 1989.
17. I. Boustead, in M. B. J. Brandrup, W. Michaeli, and G. Menges, eds., Recycling and Recovery of Plastics, Hanser, New York, 1996, p. 73-93.
18. F. R. De Gruijl, Eur. J. Cancer, 35, 1999 (2003).
19. K. Schrader-Frachette, Risk and Rationality: Philosophical Arguments for Populist Reforms. University of California Press, Berkley, CA, 1991.
21. H. E. Daly and J. B. Cobb, For the Common Good, Beacon Press, Boston, 1989.
23. D. W. Pearce, ed., Blueprint 2: Greening the Global Economy. Earthscan, London, 1991.
24. D. W. Pearce and R. K. Turner, Economics of Natural Resources and the Environment. Harvester Wheatsheaf, London, 1990.
26. J. Parker, in Y Guerrier, et al., eds., Enabling Morally Reflective Communities, Wiley, New York, 1995, pp. 33-49.
27. R. J. Conner, Economics and Decision Making for Environmental Quality, University Press of Florida, Fernandina Beach, FL, 1974, p. 299.
28. M. Z. Hauschild and B. A. Nuim, Selected Topics in Environmental Management, UNESCO Series of Learning Materials in Engineering Sciences, UNESCO Press, 1993.
29. Franklin Associates, A Comparison of Energy Consumption by the Plastics Industry to Total Energy Consumption in the United States. Franklin Associates, Priarie Village, KS, 1990.
30. R. S. Stein and V. Wilcox, Trends Polym. Sci. 4(11), 358 (1996).
31. G. Klust, Netting Materials for Fishing Gear, Fishing News Books, Surrey, England, 1982.
32. Franklin Associates, Comparative Energy Evaluation of Plastics Products and Their Alternatives for the Building and Construction and Transportation Industries. Franklin Associates, Priarie Village, KS, 1991.
33. Franklin Associates, Plastics' Energy and Greenhouse Gas Savings Using Homewrap Applied to the Exterior of Single Family Housing in the US and Canada. A Case Study, Franklin Associates, Priarie Village, KS, 2000, p. 20.
34. G. Gappert, Vinyl 2020: Progress, Challenges, Prospects for the next Quarter Century. Vinyl Institute, Morristown NJ, 1996, p. 43.
35. Franklin Associates, Plastics' Energy and Greenhouse Gas Savings Using Refrigerator and Freezer Insulation as a Case Study, Priarie Village, KS, 2000, p. 22.
36. L. C. E., Struik and L. A. A. Schoen, eds., Recycling and Reuse of Polymeric Materials; The Limited Potential of Biodegradables, 7th European Polymer Federation Symposium on Polymeric Materials (EPF 98)., T. S. S. Spychaj, ed., Wiley, Szececin, Poland, 2000, p. 1.
37. R. Jansen, M. Koster, and B. Strijtveen, Environmentally-Friendly Packaging in the Future. Vereniging Mileudefensie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1991: F. Lox, Packaging & Ecology, Pira International, Surrey, England 1992, p. 246.
38. T. J. Cavanaugh and E. B. Neumann, Trends in Polym. Sci., 3(2), 48 (1995).
39. J. S. Young, L. Ambrose, and L. Lobo, Stirring Up Innovation. Environmental Improvements in Paints and Coatings. INFORM, New York, 1994, p. 10.
40. A. L. Andrady, Pavement Marking Materials: Assessing Environment-Friendly Performance., in NCHRP Report 392, Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC, 1997, p. 46.
41. R. Atkinson, "Gas Phase Troposheric Chemistry of Organic Compounds," In Volatile Organic Compounds in the Atmosphere, R. E. Hester and R. M. Harrison, eds., The Royal Society of Chemistry, Herts, England, pp. 65 -89.
42. J. Murlis, "Volatile Organic Compounds: The Development of UK Policy," In Volatile Organic Compounds in the Atmosphere, R. E. Hester and R. M. Harrison, eds., The Royal Society of Chemistry, Herts, England, pp. 125-132.
44. J. G. Irwin, Archi. Environ. Contamin. and Toxicol. 18, 95 1989.
45. V. N. Bashkin, Chem. Britain, 37(6), 40-42 (2001).
46. D. W. Sparling, in Handbook of Ecotoxicology, D. J. Hoffmann, G. A. Burton, Jr., and J. Cairnes Jr., eds., Lewis, Boca Raton, FL, 1994.
47. USEPA, Characterization of the Municipal Solid Waste in the United States, 2000 Update, Franklin Associates, Priarie Village, KS, 2001.
48. N. C. Vasuki, Waste Age, November, 165-170 (1988).
49. R. L. Rathje, et al. Source Reduction and Landfill Myths, in ASTSWMO National Solid Waste Forum on Integrated Solid Management, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 1988.
50. F. W. Karasek, et al., J. Chrom., 227, 270 (1983).
51. W. F. Carroll, J. Vinyl Tech. 10(2), 90 (1988).
52. H. Hagenmeier, in Energy Recovery Through Waste Combustion, A. Brown, P. Evemy, and G. L. Ferrero, eds., Elsevier Applied Science, Essex, England, 1988, 154.
53. USEPA, Assessment of Municipal Waste Combustion Emissions Under Clean Air Act. Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, USEPA, Washington, DC, 1987.
54. G. H. Edulife, in Waste Incineration and the Environment, R. M. Harrison, ed., Royal Society of Chemistry, Lecthworth, Herts United Kingdom, 1994, p. 73.
55. S. A. Skene, I. C. Dewhurst, and M. Greenberg, Human Toxicol. 8, 173 (1989).
56. A. W. M. Hay, Chlorinated Dioxins and Related Compounds: Impact on the Environment, R. W. F. O. Hutzinger, E. Merian, and F. Poochiari, eds., Pergamon, Oxford, 1982.
58. J. R. Visalli, J. Air Pollution Control Assoc. 37, 1451 (1987).
59. S. Nchida and H. Kamo, Ind. Eng. Chem. Proc. Des. Dev. 22: 144 (1987).
60. S. Dunn, in L. R. Brown, M. Renner, and C. Flavin, eds. Vital Signs 1997, Worldwatch Institute, New York. 1997, p. 74.
61. W. L. Fisher, An Assessment of Oil Resources Base in the U.S., U.S. Department of Energy, Bartlesville, OK, 1992.
62. P. Gipe, Wind Energy Comes of Age. Wiley, New York, 1995, p. 403.
64. B. Hileman, C&E News, April 17, 2000, p. 29.
66. B. Rich, Mortgaging the Earth. The World Bank. Environmental Impoverishment, and the Crisis of Development, Beacon, Boston, 1994.
68. R. Jansen, M. Koster, and B. Strijtveen, Environmentally-Friendly Packaging in the Future, Vereniging Mileudefensie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1991.
Was this article helpful?
You Might Just End Up Spending More Time In Planning Your Greenhouse Than Your Home Don’t Blame Us If Your Wife Gets Mad. Don't Be A Conventional Greenhouse Dreamer! Come Out Of The Mould, Build Your Own And Let Your Greenhouse Give A Better Yield Than Any Other In Town! Discover How You Can Start Your Own Greenhouse With Healthier Plants… Anytime Of The Year!