A. Since age 15 years, the patient has exhibited disregard for and violation of the rights of others, indicated by at least three of the following:
1. Failure to conform to social norms by repeatedly engaging in unlawful activity.
2. Deceitfulness: repeated lying or "conning" others for profit or pleasure.
3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead.
4. Irritability and aggressiveness, such as repeated physical fighting or assaults.
5. Reckless disregard for the safety of self or others.
6. Consistent irresponsibility: repeated failure to sustain consistent work or honor financial obligations.
7. Lack of remorse for any of the above behavior.
B. A history of some symptoms of conduct disorder before age 15 years as indicated by:
1. Aggression to people and animals.
2. Destruction of property.
3. Deceitfulness or theft.
4. Serious violation of rules.
Was this article helpful?