A. A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood, as indicated by five or more of the following:
1. The patient is not comfortable unless he is the center of attention.
2. The patient is often inappropriately sexually seductive or provocative with others.
3. Rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions are present.
4. The patient consistently uses physical appearance to attract attention.
5. Speech is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail.
6. Dramatic, theatrical, and exaggerated expression of emotion is used.
7. The patient is easily influenced by others or by circumstances.
8. Relationships are considered to be more intimate than they are in reality.
Was this article helpful?