A. At least 5 of the following symptoms for at least 2 weeks duration.
B. Must be a change from previous functioning.
C. At least one symptom is depressed mood or loss of interest or pleasure.
1. Pervasive depressed mood
2. Pervasive anhedonia
3. Significant change in weight
4. Sleep disturbance
5. Psychomotor agitation or retardation
6. Pervasive fatigue or loss of energy
7. Excessive guilt or feelings of worthlessness
8. Difficulty concentrating
9. Recurrent thoughts of death or thoughts of suicide.
D. Symptoms must cause significant social or occupational dysfunction or significant subjective distress.
E. Cannot be caused by a medical condition, medication or drugs.
F. Symptoms cannot be caused by bereavement.
Was this article helpful?