Type of psychology: Psychopathology
Fields of study: Personality assessment; personality disorders
The personality disorders are a cluster of psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and long-standing patterns of relating to others and the environment that create significant impairment in functioning.
• antisocial personality disorder
• avoidant personality disorder
• borderline personality disorder
• dependent personality disorder
• histrionic personality disorder
• narcissistic personality disorder
• paranoid personality disorder
Was this article helpful?
It seems like you hear it all the time from nearly every one you know I'm SO stressed out!? Pressures abound in this world today. Those pressures cause stress and anxiety, and often we are ill-equipped to deal with those stressors that trigger anxiety and other feelings that can make us sick. Literally, sick.