- is synthesized from glutamate by glutamate decarboxylase.
- There are two types of GABA receptors.
(1) The GABAa receptor increases CI" conductance and is the site of action of benzodiazepines and barbiturates.
(2) The GABAb receptor increases K+ conductance.
- is an inhibitory neurotransmitter found primarily in the spinal cord and brain stem.
- increases CI conductance.
Was this article helpful?
With all the stresses and strains of modern living, panic attacks are become a common problem for many people. Panic attacks occur when the pressure we are living under starts to creep up and overwhelm us. Often it's a result of running on the treadmill of life and forgetting to watch the signs and symptoms of the effects of excessive stress on our bodies. Thankfully panic attacks are very treatable. Often it is just a matter of learning to recognize the symptoms and learn simple but effective techniques that help you release yourself from the crippling effects a panic attack can bring.