- is the primary regulator of blood flow to the skeletal muscle at rest.
- The arterioles of skeletal muscle are densely innervated by sympathetic fibers. The veins also are innervated, but less densely.
- There are both c^ and 02 receptors on the blood vessels of skeletal muscle.
- Stimulation of ax receptors causes vasoconstriction.
- Stimulation of 02 receptors causes vasodilation.
- Vasoconstriction of skeletal muscle arterioles is a major contributor to the TPR (because of the large mass of skeletal muscle).
Was this article helpful?