1. Reed MR, Lennard TWJ. Prospective randomized trial of clips versus subcuticular polydioxanone for neck wound closure. Br J Surg 1997; 84:118.
2. Rosato L, Avenia N, Bernante P, et al. Complications of thyroid surgery: Analysis of a multi centric study on 14,934 patients operated on in Italy over 5 years. World J Surg 2004; 28:271-276.
3. Bron LP, O'Brien CJ. Total thyroidectomy for clinically benign disease of the thyroid. Br J Surg 2004; 91:569574.
4. Gough IR. Total thyroidectomy: indications, technique and training. Aust N Z J Surg 1992; 62:87-89.
5. Henry JF, Denizot A, Audiffret J. Autotransplantation parathyroidienne de nécessité en chirurgie thyroidi-enne. Ann Chir 1990; 44:378-381.
6. Reeve T, Thompson NW. Complications of thyroid surgery: how to avoid them, how to manage them and observations on their possible effect on the whole patient. World J Surg 2000; 24:971-975.
7. Sasson AR, Pingpank JF, Wetherington RW, et al. Incidental parathyroidectomy during thyroid surgery does not cause transient symptomatic hypocalcaemia. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2001; 127:304-308.
8. Cernea CR, Ferraz AR, Furlani J, et al. Identification of the external branch of the superior laryngeal nerve during thyroidectomy. Am J Surg 1992; 164:634-639.
9. Carding PN. Voice pathology in the UK. BMJ 2003; 327:514-515.
10. Henry JF, Audiffret J, Denizot A. The non recurrent inferior laryngeal nerve: review of 33 cases including 2 on the left side. Surgery 1988; 104:977-984.
11. Hemmerling TM, Schmidt J, Bosert C, et al. Intraoperative monitoring of the recurrent laryngeal nerve in 151 consecutive patients undergoing thyroid surgery. Anesth Analg 2001; 93:396-399.
12. Reeve TS, Delbridge L, Cohen A, Crummer P. Total thy-roidectomy: the preferred option for multi nodular goitre. Ann Surg 1987; 106:782-786.
13. Lennard TWJ. Surgery for thyroid cancer. Surg Oncol 1996; 5:103-105.
Was this article helpful?
Suffering from Anxiety or Panic Attacks? Discover The Secrets to Stop Attacks in Their Tracks! Your heart is racing so fast and you don’t know why, at least not at first. Then your chest tightens and you feel like you are having a heart attack. All of a sudden, you start sweating and getting jittery.