1. Sackett D., Strau S., Richardson W., Rosenberg W. and Haynes R. Evidence-based Medicine, 2nd edn. Toronto, Churchill Livingstone, 2000.
2. Bickley S. and Harrison J. How to . . . find the evidence. J Orthod, 2003; 30: 72-78.
3. Hayashi M. and Yeung C. Ceramic inlays for restoring posterior teeth. In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 3, 2004.
4. Juni P., Altman D. and Egger M. Assessing the quality of randomised controlled trials. In: Egger, M., Davey Smith, G. and Altman, D. (eds) Systematic Reviews in Health Care. Meta-analysis in Context. London, BMJ Publishing Group, 2001, pp. 87-108.
5. NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination. Undertaking Systematic Reviews of Research on Effectiveness: CRD's Guidance for Carrying out or Commissioning Reviews, 2nd edn. NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, 2001.
6. Clarke M. and Oxman A. Cochrane Reviewers' Handbook 4.2.1 [updated March 2004]. In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 4, 2004, pp. 49-60.
7. Crombie I. The Pocket Guide to Critical Appraisal: A Handbook for Health Care Professionals. London, BMJ Publishing Group, 1996.
8. Greenhalgh T. How to read a paper: getting your bearings (deciding what a paper is about). BMJ, 1997; 315: 243-6.
9. Bero L., Grilli R., Grimshaw J., Harvey, E., Oxman, AD and Thomson MA. Closing the gap between research and practice: an overview of systematic reviews of interventions to promote the implementation of research findings. The Cochrane Effective Practice and Organization of Care Review Group. BMJ, 1998; 317: 465-8.
Was this article helpful?